It is the first secondary school in Jordan. Teaching started in 1919 in a rented building. With the support of As-Salt people the ground floor was constructed during (1921-1923). The second phase (first floor) was constructed in 1965.
In (1996-1999) the building was restored and new buildings were established.
Restoration of the building was awarded As-Salt Heritage Award for Reserved Buildings (SHARB) in 2004 by As-Salt Greater Municipality.